iDupe is designed to process duplicates and dead tracks in iTunes in a smart way. Recent versions of iTunes have a "Show Duplicates" command. But it is of limited use.
First, it offers no good way to remove duplicates while keeping one version of a track. Second, there is no good way to identify which tracks are actually duplicates as opposed to different versions of the same song, the same song with different bitrates, etc.Features:
- Can make smart judgement calls about duplicates
- Lets you make final judgement calls before removing or deleting anything
- Can remove tracks from playlist and/or library relatively fast
- Can move files to trash and also trash empty parent folders
- Built as universal binary.